The countdown is winding down, and after months of preparation, debating, brainstorming, thinking, planning, scheduling, marketing, promoting, designing, acting, dancing, blogging, it has finally come down to this: we are 2 days away from the Life Gets Better Together Conference!
For our second year in a row, we are back on the Syracuse University campus to advocate and teach the SU and Central NY community about issues surrounding LGBT Youth. If you haven’t heard our spot on Z89 radio, seen our posters around campus, saw the article about us in the Daily Orange, then it’s time we break the news to you: this Saturday, April 13th, we want you to join us at the Life Gets Better Together Conference at Newhouse III on the Syracuse University campus. We also want you to register here!
OK, OK, we get it: weeks are so busy, filled with working 9-5, cramming for those midterms, and mourning the loss of the SU Men’s basketball team. We are too. So by the time the weekend rolls around, it’s hard to part with your coveted, well-earned 48 hours of rest and relaxation. But trust us – this is a conference you do not want to miss, and if you need some more convincing, here are the top 5 reasons why you should come…
- No more March Madness – All of March was spent cheering or crying over your brackets, and weekends were spent at the bar cheering on the Orange. Now that it’s over, what are you going to do with all that free time this Saturday? Did we mention that the conference is free?
- Spring isn’t here just yet – Courtesy of weather.com, the weather this Saturday isn’t going to be dreary. Rain in the afternoon, temperatures only in the 50’s, it’s not exactly KanJam weather. Come to Newhouse, stay dry and warm, and help hate expire.
- Free food – We know waking up before 1pm on a weekend is tough, but what about if you get free food out of the deal? Breakfast is on us, folks, for everyone! Thanks to Campus Catering, we’ll have bagels, fruit, muffins, and plenty of coffee and OJ to start the day off right.
- Prize for registering – If you haven’t registered yet, do so! You don’t need to register to attend, as the event is free, but there are many benefits if you do – we can get in touch with you after the conference, keep you updated on future conferences, and the first 80 people to register get a prize at the door! You do not have to be an SU student to register, and once you do, you can share on Facebook to spread the word.
- You get to see these beautiful faces – and many more at the door! We at Life Gets Better Together and the a cappella groups at SU that are performing at the benefit concert immediately following the conference have worked hard all year to put together this incredible day of learning, advocacy, and equality. Check out the video below, and prepare to be singlehandedly convinced that your plans this Saturday include us 😉
So have you decided yet? Have you made plans? Have you registered? Hate expires, and we can’t do it without you. Spread the word!
Looking forward to seeing you Saturday,
Life Gets Better Together